By Picturepark Communication Team • Jan 10, 2023
A new version of the Picturepark Content Platform is released.
Version: Picturepark Blüemlisalphorn (11.6) released on 4-Mar-2023.
Main changes: Guided Search, Filter Editor, and Azure Migration
The Blüemlisalphorn, at 3661 meters, is part of the Blüemlisalp of the Bernese Alps, in the territory of the municipalities of Kandersteg and Reichenbach. The name "Blüemlisalp" is associated with a legend about human arrogance having dire consequences. A wealthy alp owner became richer and hired a young, haughty maid. The owner built a walkway from cheese slices and filled the gaps with butter so her feet wouldn't get dirty. The owner's mother cursed the couple for their arrogance, and a massive ice storm buried the owner, his lover, and their herd.
Please note that these are the final release notes.
Guided Power Search.
The new guided search supports power users in constructing advanced search queries for Content and List Items with Drag & Drop.
The new guided power search is based on the advanced filter editor where users can construct complex searches using drag & drop. The new guided power search is intuitive and easy to use for users who quickly need to find Content Items without layers, or items with correct copyright information and the permission to use in publications. The advanced search box requires some knowledge of the underlying data model and data structures like field path and field IDs, for which you find the advanced search sheet cheat in the Picturepark manual. In the new guides search users can drag & drop fields and operators (AND, OR, NOT) to create the advanced search query in seconds, without knowing anything about data structures or field paths.
Benefits of Guided Search for Power Users:
- Increased Productivity: Guided search helps power users find what they are looking for faster and more efficiently, reducing the time spent searching and increasing their overall productivity.
- Improved User Experience: Guided search provides a more intuitive and user-friendly experience, reducing frustration and improving the overall satisfaction of power users.
- Enhanced Relevancy: Guided search helps to ensure that the most relevant results are returned, improving the accuracy of searches and making it easier for power users to find what they need.
The syntax can be copied from the text editor and used via API for searching content, the creation of channels, for tagbox fields, relationship fields, or lists).
Drag & Drop Filter Editor.
The reworked filter editor is a powerful and easy-to-use tool for creating query filters, while still allowing you to write or adapt your syntax.
With the Filter Editor, users and power users alike can easily create complex filters without having to know the syntax of the metadata. The intuitive drag & drop interface allows you to effortlessly select the parameters you need, and the editor generates the query for you. The underlying syntax is still visible in the text editor, where power users can easily check, change or adapt the query to their needs.
Our advanced filter editor makes it simple to restrict the values available for tagging in a tagbox e.g. show only products for EMEA; or the Content Items displayed in a specific Channel e.g. only approved product marketing content. Possible filters are:
- Date-based filters: Easily filter content based on the date it was created, modified, or published.
- Keyword-based filters: Quickly find content based on keywords, hashtags, and other metadata.
- File Type filters: Quickly identify content by file type, such as images, videos, or audio files.
- Geolocation-based filters: Filter content based on its location, such as a specific city or region.
Take control of your digital content with the Picturepark Content Platform's Filter Editor. Get started today and discover the power of simple drag & drop queries.
Moving to Microsoft Azure.
We're excited to announce that Picturepark Content Platform is moving to Azure.
The migration to Azure marks an important step forward in providing our customers with the best possible experience. New customers are automatically deployed on Azure, whereas existing customers will be migrated to Azure. Migration slots will be defined and communicated.
Azure is a leading cloud computing platform that offers a wide range of benefits, including increased scalability, security, and reliability. This migration will allow us to offer our customers access to the latest and greatest AI capabilities, improved GDPR compliance, and a more seamless user experience.
What this means for you:
- Robust infrastructure: Azure offers a robust and reliable infrastructure for hosting applications and data.
- Scalable and flexible: Azure provides a scalable and flexible platform, allowing organizations to scale up or down as needed.
- Comprehensive security: Azure provides comprehensive security features to protect sensitive data and applications.
- AI Capabilities*: The integration with Azure Image and Text Recognition will give you access to the latest and greatest AI features for improved image analysis, text extraction, and GDPR compliance.
*Clarifai AI Tagging is still supported. Customers can decide if they want to switch to Azure AI tagging to benefit from better GDPR compliance.
Possible use cases for AI capabilities using image/text recognition:
- Object Detection: Azure Image Recognition is used to detect objects in images, such as cars, buildings, and people.
- Image Tagging: Azure Image Recognition is used to tag images with descriptive labels, making it easier for users to search and categorize images.
- Image Moderation: Azure Image Recognition is used to detect and moderate images that contain inappropriate content, such as nudity, violence, and hate speech.
- Label Recognition: Azure Text Recognition extracts sponsor or brand names from products or jerseys.
- Invoice Processing: Azure Text Recognition accurately extracts invoice information, reducing manual data entry and increasing productivity.
- Handwritten Text Recognition: Azure Text Recognition accurately recognizes and extracts text from handwritten documents, improving the accuracy of handwritten document processing and reducing manual data entry.
If you're already a Picturepark Content Platform customer, you will be migrated to Azure with migrations starting in March 2023, after the rollout of this release. Migration slots will be defined and communicated.
Important for integrations: With the upcoming release each customer will have their own unique DNS name for API access. To ensure your integration continues to work seamlessly after the customer is migrated to Azure, please update your API host to the customer's specific API host shown in the customer info tab in Picturepark or the per-cloud API host (available from email@example.com). More details available here: https://picturepark.com/apichanges
NOTE: The API host is not changed with this release, but with the migration to Azure for which we will communicate migration slots.
We're here to help:
If you have any questions or concerns about the Azure migration, our support team is always here to help. We're committed to making this transition as smooth as possible for our customers.
The content below is only available in English.
The content below is only available in English.
- We added the possibility to reorder content items by indexed fields, which allows you to always have the shared items in chronological order based on creation time, or order product shots by season or application. The preview and thumbnail formats are pre-selected when a share is created.
- A new WebP format (dimensions: 4096x4096; quality 85) is created for all customers and enabled in the Media Editor for better conversion options. This new format may show up in integrations if the new output format behaviors are not correctly respected.
- We introduced paging for related items in relationship fields to speed up the loading and let users see the first items immediately while other items are loaded subsequently.
Collection Support in Content Picker
- Users can now browse and select both content or collections in the Content Picker. This improves various workflows as pre-configured selections can be made available via collections.
🚨 Changes To API & SDKs.
With the upcoming Picturepark Release “Blüemlisalphorn” (v11.6) on March 4th 2023, each customer will have their own unique DNS name for API access. To ensure your integration continues to work seamlessly after the customer is migrated to Azure, please update your API host to the customer's specific API host shown in the customer info tab in Picturepark or the per-cloud API host (available from firstname.lastname@example.org). More details available here:
The API host is not changed with this release, but with the migration to Azure for which we will start after the release and for which we will communicate migration slots.
If you use our SDK’s or samples like the Content Portal, we recommend updating to the latest version:
- Picturepark.SDK.Samples (including Content Portal)
Suppose you want to test your changes in advance. In that case, we can provide you with a functionally limited clone running on the latest 11.6 preview code base within our stage environment (free provisioning of) such a stage system depends on your subscription plan or partner status).