IT Operations Engineer (50-100%)
As our new IT Operations Engineer, you will be primarily ensuring the smooth operation of Picturepark in our cloud environment.
- Job title: IT Operations Engineer
- Related job titles: IT System Administrator, IT Operations Manager, IT Systems Engineer, Cloud Engineer, DevOps Engineer.
- Department: IT Operations
- Employment: 50-100%
- Date of employment: Q1 2021 (or by arrangement).
- Professional experience: at least five years' professional experience and two years in a comparable position.
- Place of work: Aarau, Switzerland but with generous home office/remote options.
As our new IT Operations Engineer, you be in the IT Operations team. You will be primarily ensuring the smooth operation of Picturepark in our cloud environment, as we are an IaaS provider.
In addition to the comprehensive support of the various live and staging platforms we operate, you will also be involved in the continuous improvement of the highly automated nightly build deployments, as well as monitoring and creating backups.
In addition, you will be part of a variety of IT projects: implementation and support of security and compliance audits. As well as evaluation of new technologies and handling other internal IT projects.
You will work in a small, experienced team alongside groups that work in software engineering and customer support: due to this you will be able to cover a wide range of tasks. Your characteristics include being proactive and persistent when it comes to problem solving. You are open to technological innovations and have a "can do" mentality. You enjoy finding the best solution for clients and will always try to creatively work around issues with whatever you have available.
You are an independent employee who works well in an international environment; where using initiative, team-play and honesty are highly valued. You’re not embarrassed to ask questions when you don’t know something, enabling you to learn and never lose sight of your goal when it comes to delivering sustainable results.
System and network administration in Linux and Microsoft environments (Hyper-V, oVirt, Active Directory, network services)
- Operation, maintenance and monitoring of the highly-available Picturepark Cloud platforms and the company's own IT systems.
- Scripting (Ansible, Python, Powershell, Bash) on various platforms (Live, Staging, QA etc.)
- Ensuring that there’s a high level of data and access security.
- Incident management and internal IT support, as a member of the on-call service.
- Carrying out and coordinating security and compliance audits, together with external partners
- Collaboration in various IT infrastructure projects.
- Configuration and support in various business applications (e.g. Google Apps, Atlassian Products)
- Documentation of systems and configurations (manuals, checklists, network diagrams, etc.)
Skills and Requirements
- Completed training as a computer scientist (systems engineering or application development) or comparable education
- At least five years' professional experience and two years in a similar position
- Profound technology knowledge in the areas of virtualization, networking, storage, Linux and Windows system administration
- In-depth knowledge of network protocols: DNS, HTTP, SSL, VPN, NAT, VLAN, REST
- Experience with scripting languages (e.g. Python, Powershell etc.)
- Safe with monitoring tools for Cloud & Applications
- Experience in RTO/RPO compliance through backup strategies
- Adept at quality control and well-organised, with independent working methods
- Good communication skills and analytical thinking
- English and German (both spoken and written)
If you meet our expectations and are looking for a new, challenging role in the innovative environment of a small yet global company, please submit your resume using the link and form below. We offer you interesting tasks within a dedicated team, generous home office allowance and a brand new office space about ten minutes walk from Aarau station, with parking, a restaurant, gym and more; all within the building.
Direct applications are strictly preferred. We are looking forward to receiving your application!
More information about us and our solutions is available at: www.picturepark.com