Help us build our new enterprise web application by becoming a member of our backend team (multi-tenant, multi-tier, HA, highly scalable, distributed, NoSQL, .NET).
- Job title: Software Engineer, Senior Software Engineer
- Related job titles: Software Developer, Web Developer, Application Developer, Frontend Engineer, Backend Engineer, Fullstack Engineer
- Department: Engineering
- Employment: 80-100%
- Employment by: Upon agreement
- Skills level: At least two years of professional experience and higher education in computer science or information technology or at least five years of professional experience
- Location: Aarau (Switzerland), partially home-office
As our new Backend engineering team member, you will be working with .Net based cloud services, document-oriented databases, REST APIs and SDKs and help us build and extend our Picturepark Content Platform which is a headless content management and content integration platform built anew from scratch and based on latest technologies and architectures.
You are a precision-focused worker who works at a fast pace, and you have excellent analytical and creative problem solving skills. You are experienced with Agile development methodologies, like Scrum, and you keep your focus on the main goal. As a good communicator, it comes easily to you to instruct other team members, particularly near-shored programmers.
You are a self-contained player who works in a multinational environment where proactivity, team play and honesty are highly valued. You directly contribute to making our product better. Not shy of asking, learning and thinking ahead, you never lose sight of delivering sustainable results.
You will meet a very committed team and jump right into a larger new product development project, so we expect you to be eager to take on a new challenge within a short period of time.
- Develop a multi-tenant and multi-tier, HA, highly scalable, distributed, NoSql-based .NET enterprise application
- Implement and extend search technologies, like Elasticsearch and Lucene
- Possibility to move into a more senior role, supporting other developers (on- and near-shore)
Skills and Requirements
- Two years of experience and higher education in computer science or information technology expected
- Or at least five years of experience in multi-tier and data-driven development.
- Excellent knowledge and at least two years of experience in .NET
- Very adaptive to new technologies and eager to understand, learn and move on at an accelerated pace while delivering high quality code
- Outstanding analytical and problem solving skills
- Substantiated experience in developing against API from different business systems using SDKs
- Familiar with Visual Studio, Git, Jira and test automation tools
- Test driven development, continuous integration
- Self-contained, accurate and reliable working attitude
- Openness for other cultures, a friendly mindset and patience
- Very good communication skills in English
We are providing you a market-range salary with over-average employment benefits in pension plans, home office/remote work and foremost: a team which shares your level of skills and your programming enthusiasm.
If you like what you read, meet our expectations and are looking for challenging tasks in an innovative environment of a small global company then please submit your application via the form below. Direct applications are strictly preferred.