Picturepark will sponsor an open business meeting of the Special Library Association’s IT Division, to honor the creation of a brand new Digital Asset Management (DAM) Section.
The meeting will take place on 15 July 2015, is open to the public, and will feature a free webinar entitled “Fundamentals of Digital Asset Management (DAM),” presented by John Horodyski of Optimity Advisors.
- Date: Wed, 15 July (see registration page for local time)
- FREE Registration: https://attendee.gotowebinar.com/register/196498485396520961
- Co-Sponsors: Taxonomy Division and Data Caucus
Co-chaired by John Horodyski and Deb Fanslow, the DAM Section will serve as a forum for members to network and exchange information and best practices on topics related to the principles and practice of managing digital assets within all industry sectors. The section will host a listserv for communication, which will be open to both SLA members and professionals outside of SLA who are interested in discussion and sharing best practices on topics such as:
- DAM as practiced across industry sectors
- DAM vendors, products, and services
- Digitization, conversion, and digital preservation
- Metadata and controlled vocabularies
- Rights management
- Data storage
- System integration
- Project management
- Change management
- Careers in DAM
The new section will also feature educational programming delivered in collaboration with related SLA units such as the Taxonomy, Knowledge Management, and Museum, Arts and Humanities Divisions, the Data Caucus, and others. In addition to webinars, the DAM section will plan and deliver a variety of programming at the annual SLA conference, which takes place in Philadelphia on 12-14 June 2016.